THE TREE OF LIFE. Cultural pass service
- THE TREE OF LIFE. Cultural pass service
Participants' ages: preschoolers, schoolchildren, adults.
Aim: to discuss the concept of wood symbolism in Lithuanian folk culture, to get acquainted with woodworking, its use in construction, interior decoration and decoration in the old Samogitia village.
Theoretical part. Participants look at and discuss the various possibilities of using wood in the Samogitian village exposition:
- Architecture (construction of walls, roofs, shutters, small architectural monuments, fences, wells).
- In the interior of the hut (furniture, decoration, utensils).
- Tools (textiles, cooking, agriculture).
- Identify types of wood.
- Observe the process of cutting chips.
- Paints a tree of life motif on a selected chip.
Duration: 45 min.